In what is fast becoming an annual tradition we celebrated the Smokey Bear birthday party at the Forest Heritage Discovery Center on Sunday, August 6.
Below are more pictures:
It took the efforts of many people to make this event happen:
- Bob Rudy organized the event, arranged for the donations and put on the Smokey suit.
- Ranger Brandon Black accompanied Smokey and drove him around the park.
- Charlie Meyers brought a box of plastic Smokey to distribute.
- Joe Dague volunteered at short notice to run the Forest Heritage Center.
- Peter Linehan helped out for the first part of the afternoon.
- Walmart in Chambersburg donated the beautiful cake and the six-foot sub.
- McDonald’s Delamor Enterprises donated the orange drink.