On Saturday, April 11 PFHA held our annual meeting for 2017. The meeting opened with a Pledge of Allegiance in honor of Veterans’ Day.
Here is the group!
President Peter Linehan leads the business meeting.
Our speaker, Austin Grove, an alumnus of Penn State Mont Alto, recounts his experiences as a wildfire fighter in Colorado and other western states this past summer.
Entertainment, of a sort, was provided by The PFHA Players.
A detailed account of the meeting will be in our next newsletter.
Invitation to Attend
PA Forest Heritage Association Annual Meeting
Norlo Park, Chambersburg PA- Saturday, November 11, 2017
Theme: Keeping On the Right Course
The 2017 Annual Meeting of the Pennsylvania Forest Heritage Association (PFHA) will provide something of interest to all of our membership. Come and join us in celebrating the present accomplishments of YOUR organization and help plan for the future.
- 8:45 Arrival/Registration – Coffee and Snacks
- 9:30 Introduction – State of the PFHA – Review of Summer at the Discovery Center
- PFHA – What the Future Holds – Sebasovich
- Presentations: “The PaFORE Program – Michael Klimko
“Colorado Wildfire” – Austin Grove
“George Wirt and the Birth of Pennsylvania Forestry – J J. Graham
- Brief Business Meeting / Election of Directors
- 12:30 Catered Lunch – Savoy Caterers of Waynesboro
- Entertainment – The PFHA Players & “Jelly Elliott and the Three Knotheads”
- Fire Lookout Association Update
- 2:00 Selection of Raffle Winners
- 2:15 Special Program
- 3:00 Adjournment – Optional Visit to Local Fire Tower
Total Fee = $25.00 includes lunch
Registration Deadline: November 1
— Cut Here and Submit with Payment ———
Please make check payable to PFHA. Mail registration form and fee to:
Jack Graham, 365 Peach Ridge Rd., Elliottsburg, PA 17024
Questions? 717-582-2235 or email@example.com
Number of Registrations _______________ X $25.00 = $ ____
___ Yes, I will bring an item for the “Chinese Auction
___ Sorry I can’t make it, but would like to contribute to meeting expenses.
The annual meeting of the Pennsylvania Forest Heritage Association was held on November 12, 2016 at the Caledonia State Park Office Conference Room. Twenty members were in attendance. Some things of note that occurred at the meeting were:
- The board of directors are seeking comments from the membership on the wording of the mission statement (found at the end of the winter 2016 newsletter). Since the name change is official the statement should reflect that.
- Jim Hyland from the Bureau of Forestry in District 12 is heading the BOF Forest History Committee.
- The Golf Outing will be held June 23, 2017.
- The Association received and opened the photo collection of Thomas C. Harbison, a graduate of Mont Alto and a former State Representative.
- During the year the Discovery Center had more than 1,300 visitors.
Joseph Dague receives the George Wirt award.
If you stop by the Discovery Center on a regular basis you are likely to run into Joe Dague. Joe is tireless in his volunteer efforts to promote PFHA, and for his outstanding efforts he was presented with the 2016 George H. Wirt Award for his work on behalf of the mission of the association. Joe is pictured above with Jack Graham who presented the award