The annual meeting of the Pennsylvania Forest Heritage Association was held on November 12, 2016 at the Caledonia State Park Office Conference Room. Twenty members were in attendance. Some things of note that occurred at the meeting were:
- The board of directors are seeking comments from the membership on the wording of the mission statement (found at the end of the winter 2016 newsletter). Since the name change is official the statement should reflect that.
- Jim Hyland from the Bureau of Forestry in District 12 is heading the BOF Forest History Committee.
- The Golf Outing will be held June 23, 2017.
- The Association received and opened the photo collection of Thomas C. Harbison, a graduate of Mont Alto and a former State Representative.
- During the year the Discovery Center had more than 1,300 visitors.
Joseph Dague receives the George Wirt award.
If you stop by the Discovery Center on a regular basis you are likely to run into Joe Dague. Joe is tireless in his volunteer efforts to promote PFHA, and for his outstanding efforts he was presented with the 2016 George H. Wirt Award for his work on behalf of the mission of the association. Joe is pictured above with Jack Graham who presented the award