Here are some scenes from the tournament.
Pennsylvania Forest Heritage Association and the
Pennsylvania Forestry Association held the 16th Annual Golf
Outing Friday, June 23, 2017. The rain-shortened event was
held at the Rich Valley Golf Course in Mechanicsburg, PA.
48 golfers in 12 foursomes participated in the event. A midafternoon
storm shortened play but all agreed it was a great
The First Foursome was Rick Klimkos, Shannon Terry, Matt
Kring and Tag Kring.
The second foursome was Shane Hoover,
Brent Will, Andy Masson and Mitch Morrill.
In third place was
the foursome of Dave Klinger, Steve Kline, Terry Felty and John
The Pot of Gold was won by Ken Brenner. Closest to the pin on
#5 was Rick Klimkos. The longest drive on #7 was Dave Klinger.
Despite the rain, the intrepid golfers tried their best to play out
but the torrential rains just would not allow play to continue.
Following the golf, dinner was served at the clubhouse where
the prizes were awarded.
Many thanks to our generous sponsors.
In what is fast becoming an annual tradition we celebrated the Smokey Bear birthday party at the Forest Heritage Discovery Center on Sunday, August 6.
Below are more pictures:
It took the efforts of many people to make this event happen:
- Bob Rudy organized the event, arranged for the donations and put on the Smokey suit.
- Ranger Brandon Black accompanied Smokey and drove him around the park.
- Charlie Meyers brought a box of plastic Smokey to distribute.
- Joe Dague volunteered at short notice to run the Forest Heritage Center.
- Peter Linehan helped out for the first part of the afternoon.
- Walmart in Chambersburg donated the beautiful cake and the six-foot sub.
- McDonald’s Delamor Enterprises donated the orange drink.