Share your DRR Master’s degree programmes on PreventionWeb
A chance to showcase your master’s degree programme on the global platform for disaster risk reduction.
The United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction invites academic institutions to share their relevant master's degree programmes on PreventionWeb. By submitting your programme to the global repository, you can ensure that it will be accessible to a wide range of audiences within the field of disaster risk reduction and disaster prevention.
Inclusion criteria for Master’s degree program directory
The submitted master’s degree program and host institution must have a registered number and corresponding accreditation entity. The master’s programme must provide academic credit and have a core focus on preventing/mitigating disasters and reducing disaster risk. These can also include aspects of disaster risk management (preparedness, early warning, recovery, emergency management) from different fields and their applications:
- Engineering (earthquake, flood)
- Earth sciences (meteorology, hydrology, volcanology)
- Social Sciences (development, sociology)
- Life Sciences (public health, health safety)
- Geography (GIS, satellite monitoring)
- Technology (artificial intelligence)
- Weather forecasting
- Emergency management
- Spatial, Urban planning
- Law (international humanitarian law)
- Climate change (crisis, adaptation)
- Sustainable development
- Humanitarian affairs (anticipatory action)
- Finance (catastrophic risk, risk modelling)
Proposals submitted on PreventionWeb must include:
- Title of master’s degree programme
- Description of education programme including objectives, course outline
- Direct web link for information and application
To add your master’s programme to the global repository, please login or register here to respond to this call by 30 January 2023.
Submit your master's programme by using this form.
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org in case any additional information is desired.